Visitation Sign Up
- Visit HomeWAV's website or download the HomeWAV app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Click on ‘Sign Up Here’ and follow the instructions.
- Your application to visit will be looked at and approved or disapproved by jail staff.
- No one with an active no-contact order will be approved to visit.
- Please note that anyone who has been in the Jasper County Jail in the last 3 months will not be approved to visit unless the inmate you are visiting is immediate family.
- Immediate family is defined as mother/father, stepmother/stepfather, child, stepchild, brother/sister, grandmother/grandfather, or person under your legal guardianship.
Approved Visitors: Remote Visit Sign-Up
- Visit HomeWAV's website or open your HomeWav app.
- Log into your HomeWav account, turn your indicator light to green when you are ready to visit so your inmate knows you are available.
- You must have a positive balance on your account to visit remotely.
- Wait for the inmate to call you. If the inmate’s indicator is red, the inmate is not logged in. If the indicator is green the inmate is logged into the station and can start a visit with you.
- Make sure your volume is turned up so you can hear if your inmate tries to initiate a call.
HomeWav Visitor Support is available 7 days a week during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday | 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST
- Saturday – Sunday | 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST
- 1-314-764-2872 or 1-844-394-6639
Video tutorials are available on the HomeWav homepage. Click on the link in the upper right corner of your screen.
Effective May 3, 2019
These rules, along with HomeWav’s user rules, are designed to make it easier for family and friends to see and visit with their loved ones in jail.
- All visits are recorded and monitored. Anything that transpires during a visit may be used against you in a court of law. If any criminal activity is recorded during a visit you may face criminal charges.
- Any visitor who signs up to visit an inmate where a no-contact order is actively in place will be denied visitor approval.
- Any visitor who signs up to visit who has been in the Jasper County Jail in the last 3 months will be denied visitor approval unless the inmate being visited is immediate family.
- “Immediate family” is defined as mother/father, stepmother/stepfather, child, stepchild, sister/brother, grandmother/grandfather, or person whom you have legal guardianship of.
- Violators of visitation rules will be suspended or banned from visiting inmates at the Jasper County Jail.
- Visitors must wear appropriate clothing during their visit.
- Inappropriate or vulgar displays, actions, etc. will cause the visit to be terminated and you may be banned from visiting.
- Inmates who are in disciplinary lockdown may have their visitation privileges suspended during their lockdown time.
If you have any questions about any of the above jail visitation rules, please contact Chief Jailer Wendy Hecox or Assistant Chief Jailer Jake Clymer at 641-791-7081.
For information about calling inmates, sending them mail, and property drop-off, visit our Contacting Inmates page.