Contact by Phone
- Use our main jail number to speak to a jail staff member: 641-791-7081
- Call the inmate message system number, 515-497-4200 to leave a message for an inmate.
- You will need to go online to icsolutions.com and set up an account before you can leave a message.
- Voice messages cost $1.00 to leave but the system is secure and only your inmate can listen to the message.
Inmate Phone Time
The inmate phone system works on prepaid time or collect calls. We no longer use phone cards.
- Inmates can use the money on their commissary to make phone calls. The calls are then directly deducted from the inmate's commissary account at a rate of approx. $0.22 per minute. Some taxes and fees may increase this per-minute fee.
- Family and friends can go to the ICS website and set up an account that will allow an inmate to call one phone number on a prepaid account.
- Family and friends can accept collect calls when the inmate calls them. This feature would work just like any collect call. The family or friend would then be charged that bill
- Money can be put on an inmate’s books to be used for commissary and phone calls by going to www.accesscorrections.com calling the Access Corrections Call Center at 866-345-1884, or by using cash or credit card in the Access Corrections Kiosk in the jail lobby. Please note, if using the Kiosk, it will not take $1 bills. It must be a $5 bill or bigger.
Contact by Mail
Address mail to inmates as follows:
2300 Law Center Drive
Newton, Iowa 50208
- All mail must contain a full return address with a name.
- Envelopes cannot have any additions writing, stickers, etc. other than the mailing address and the return address. Envelopes containing extra items will be returned to the sender.
- Letters cannot contain stickers, glue, glitter glue or glitter pen ink, perfume, newspaper clippings, magazine pages, origami paper, stamps for return mail, etc. If your letter contains any of these items it may be placed in the inmate’s property box or returned to sender.
- Cards mailed to inmates cannot contain glue, glitter, velum sheets, springs, sticky spacer pads, stickers, etc. Cards containing these items will be shown to the inmate and then placed in their property box.
- Blank cards cannot be mailed to an inmate so they can mail it back out again. If the inmate needs a card to mail out they can purchase one from the commissary.
- We do not recommend mailing cash in for an inmate. Please send a money order made out to the inmate. We will not take personal checks.
- You can mail whites in for an inmate but they must follow the guidelines of acceptable property for an inmate.
- Do not mail hygiene items as they will not be allowed to have them. Hygiene must be purchased from the jail.
View a list of acceptable items that may be brought in for inmates, and download a Property Drop-Off Form.