- School Release Rules & Forms
School Release Rules & Forms
School Release Qualifications
- To qualify for school release you must be a sentenced inmate. You must be sentenced on all charges you are being held on.
- You cannot have a warrant for another county.
- It must be in your sentencing order that you can have school release at the Sheriff’s usual terms and conditions.
- You must pass a UA test. If you fail the test, and are serving 10 days or longer, you can request to take a 2nd test 7 days after your first test. If you fail the 2nd test you do not go to school and you will not get another test.
- There is a non-refundable fee of $10 for the UA test. If you have to take a 2nd UA test there will be a second non-refundable $10 fee. Fees must be paid up front.
- You must have the appropriate school release paperwork filled out, signed and notarized to qualify.
- School release costs $30 per day and there is no prorating on this.
- School release money must be paid before you are allowed to go out.
School Release Privilege Rules
You must review the School Release Privilege Rules (PDF), initial each paragraph if you understand the rule and then sign at the bottom of this form acknowledging that you will abide by these rules. These rules must be signed by the person who is going out to school to be valid.
Driver of a School Release Inmate Rules
You must review the Driver of a School Release Inmate Rules (PDF), initial each paragraph if you understand the rule and then sign at the bottom of this form before a notary public acknowledging that you will abide by these rules. These rules must be signed by the person who will be doing the driving and your signature must be notarized to be valid.
Jasper County School Release Form
The School Release Form (PDF) must be completed by a counselor or department head. This form must be notarized or it is not valid and will not be accepted.