GIS Data Request & Disclaimer
If you would like to request GIS data from Jasper County, please e-mail Reanna Fitzgerald with a description of the information you are hoping to receive. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please be aware of the following:
The data presented are aggregated from a wide variety of sources. We have attempted to integrate these various data sources as closely as possible. Each agency providing data may have their own internal standards for accuracy and timeliness, thus the GIS department cannot guarantee the degree to which the various data sources agree with each other. You may find that parcel lines may not line up exactly with aerial photography or census boundaries. Each of these data sources must be considered on their own, for their own purposes, but comparisons among them may not be directly possible, and some manual interpretation may be necessary.
There are also timing issues to work around, data sources may not be updated with the same frequency. Timing can even be an issue among county departments when the GIS office could have parcel data drawn in and the Assessor's data may not be updated concurrently, causing recently modified parcels to have a discrepancy in the same data set.
GIS data sets are ongoing and constantly changing, they will never be completed. The GIS Department makes every attempt to keep the data as current and accurate as possible, but this data cannot be considered an authoritative source of data.
It is possible that there are some errors in the system. If you find one, please e-mail Reanna Fitzgerald and include the following information:
- Tax Description of the property in error (i.e. NW 1/4 of Section 08 of NewtonTownship)
- PIN (Parcel Identification Number - 10 digit number starting with Area Number )
- Description of the error (i.e. My parcel is not shown as the correct size on the GIS maps)
- Your proposed idea for correction (i.e. My parcel is 120-feet wide not 60-feet wide)
- Error reporting will only be accepted via e-mail due to the nature by which the GIS has been made available (on-line).